Welcome to the Website of the Central Vermont Ninjutsu
We study the martial art of Bujinkan Budo Taijutsu through direction
of the Bujinkan Hombu Dojo of Japan. We are a small training group
located in the beautiful green mountains of Barre, Vermont
and operate under the guidance of Shihan Oliver Martin, 12th Dan
and Mike Kinsman, 4th Dan.
Training is held in a informal relaxed atmosphere with an emphasis
on learning, not ego or competition. The main principles come from
body movement (Taijitsu), which empower the student to deal naturally
with a wide range of situations. The main areas of our training
- Ukemi : rolling , leaping and re-directing the force of an
- Daken Taijitsu: striking , including punching , kicking and
use of the whole body as a weapon;
- Gyaku Waza : Locking of joints and the breaking of the opponent’s
- Nage : Throws and counters to them;
- Mutodori : Unarmed defense against attackers;
- Weapons or "Tools" as we like to call them include Hambo, Jo, Bo staff, Boken, Knife, Yari, Naginata, Archery and more. Our advanced students study live blade target work called Tamashigiri (mat cutting).
We train indoors in really bad weather, but prefer to train up
in our local mountains when we can. It’s really fun, beautiful,
and natural up there! Our training is very diverse and comprehensive,
we use all the traditional weapons, such as bo staff, jo, and hambo.
We also learn to fight with keys, pens and even tire irons. Nature
helps us as we learn to run up trees, do some pullups on a branch,
drop down and roll away ( who needs a gym?). All this with smiles
on our faces! We also never forget that this is a serious martial
art; we feel indebted to the Bujinkan, under the leadership of Soke
Our Beginner/Open classes are offered on Tuesday at 6:00PM; Advanced classes are Friday at 9:30 - 11:00AM. If you are interested in visiting the club, please call Sensei Mike Kinsman (training since 1996) at 802-476-6139 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange for a visit. The first class is free. For videos and even more information on Budo Taijitsu (Modern Ninjitsu), visit Shihan Oliver Martin's web site at www.Matendojo.com.
Buyu Dojo USA